Upper Nehalem Watershed Council Steering Committee Meeting Minutes
September 26, 2013
Steering Committee Members present: Jason Busch, Cory Colburn, Vic Dykstra, Lee Klingler, Eric Larke, Aaron Miller, Rachel Wilcoxen
Also present: Maggie Peyton, Steve Sorbets, Victoria McAdams, Jo Zettler
- Chairman Jason Busch called meeting to order at 6:34
- Jason allowed for public comment. None.
- Minutes for August 29, 2013 accepted as presented
- Motion to accept as presented-Cory C. /Seconded-Eric L. /Motion carried
- Executive Director’s Report: Maggie Peyton
- Oak Creek Ranch project: Apiary Rd. closure proceeding
- Salmon Festival October 5, 2013 (Claudia, Stream Table, etc.)
- S. Sorbets ‘catching’ Claudia (insurance will be in place)
- Upgrade planned to overhaul computer system: Archive/backup system
- Discussed OWEB potential direction towards Strategic Investment Partnership. Maggie P. to research and report back.
- Director stated UNWC needs to establish a general fund in order to ease cash flow pressure.
- Note: Quarterly Report scheduled for October meeting as per adopted 2013-14 Steering Committee Annual Plan.
- Treasurer’s Report: Lee Klingler
- Motion to accept as presented-Eric L./Seconded-Cory C./Motion carried
- 2013-14 Steering Committee Annual Plan presentation: Jo Zettler
- Motion to accept as presented-Cory C. /Seconded Vic D./Motion carried
- Discussion included whether a contract/procedure is in place in case landowner backs out and UNWC experiences potential loss of time/funds
Finance Committee: Cory Colburn, Vic Dykstra, Lee Klingler, Eric Larke (See attached)
Human Resources Committee: Jason Busch, Aaron Miller, Rachel Wilcoxen, Jo Zettler (See attached)
- Any remaining council business offered up by Jason Busch? None.
- 8:45 Adjourned
Next meeting: October 24, 2013 @ 6:30 to 8:30 UNWC office
Note: This is scheduled subcommittee meeting to include short business meeting AND approval of operating budget; however as per bylaws it is also a scheduled quarterly report by Executive Director.