Upper Nehalem Watershed Council Minutes January 24, 2013 (Approved 2/28/13)
Steering Committee Members present:
|Aaron Miller||Lee Klinger||Gil McClain||Rachel Wilcoxen||Vic Dykstra||Jason Busch|
|Maggie Peyton||Jo Zettler||Steve Sorbets||Marie Knight||Ben Fousek|
6:40 Called to Order by Cory Colburn (vice-chair)
- Allowed for public comment: Ben Fousek
- Beneke creek mapping (final first project) presentation
- Treasures Report – Lee Klinger
- Moved to accepted treasures report as presented: Rachel Wilcoxen / seconded Cory Colburn. Passed unanimous.
- Approved minutes from December 6, 2012 meeting
- Moved to accept as written: Cory Colburn / seconded Aaron Miller. Passed unanimous.
- Any other business:
- Maggie strategic plan (Offered highlights)
- Lee read the attorney general opinion concerning non-profit vs. public contract law (is there an attachment?)
7:10 Committees convened (Reviewing committee tasks and progress moved to end of meeting)
- Finance Committee: Aaron Miller (Chair), Vic Dykstra, Lee Klinger. Also in attendance: Marie Knight, Steve Sorbets
- Contracted services policy (goal: completed approved plan ready to present at Annual Meeting in May): Reviewed. Marie/Maggie to find different ones for next meeting from other councils.
- Develop a long range financial plan for more balanced revenue generation (goal: completed approved plan ready to present at Annual Meeting in May): Marie presented long-range financial plans that included projected revenue generation/needs.
- Review insurance policies. Review Inventory lists. Contact insurance companies: Tabled to next work session.
- Human Resources Committee:Rachel Wilcoxen, Jo Zettler, Gil McClain, Jason Busch, Cory Colburn
- Director Evaluation: Discussed options for wage increase based on evaluation and debriefed process. It worked!
- Review and present personnel policies (goal: Due April 2013 at UNWC meeting). Reviewed Employee Handbook. Read over and report to Jo any changes.
- Steering Committee recruitment: brainstormed list linked to needs of UNWC. Assigned first contact off recruitment list. Jo to send out with a script for recruitment.
8:15 Reconvened then to executive session.
Next meeting: February 28, 2013 at Grange = 6:30 p.m.