Upper Nehalem Watershed Council Steering Committee Meeting
August 29, 2013Minutes (approved 9/27/13)
Steering Committee Members present: Jason Busch, Cory Colburn, Lee Klingler, Eric Larke, Gil McClain, Aaron Miller, Rachel Wilcoxen
Also present: Maggie Peyton, Steve Sorbets, Victoria Adams, Jo Zettler
- Chairman Jason Busch called meeting to order at 6:40
- Jason allowed for public comment. None.
- Minutes for June 27, 2013 accepted as presented
- Cory C. moved/Lee K. seconded – passed
- Treasurer’s Report: Lee Klingler
- Discussion led by Eric L. concerning fuel as a line item on Time and Material bids (difficult to track).
- Rachel W. moved to accept treasure’s report as presented/Cory C. seconded – passed
- 2013-14 Steering Committee Annual Plan presentation by Jo Zettler
- (Jo can you email a copy?)
- To consider: a 4-hour work session to be scheduled in February (Some Saturday after the first major rain. Note: 2/15/13 during 4-day weekend for VSD; Wilcoxen unavailable.
- Assigned new/existing members:
Finance Committee: Cory Colburn, Vic Dykstra, Lee Klingler, Eric Larke, Aaron Miller
Human Resources Committee: Jason Busch, Gil McClain, Fred Oviatt, Rachel Wilcoxen, Jo Zettler
- Lee K. made a motion to adopt the Plan as a working document allowing for adjustments as needed/Cory C. seconded – passed
- Focus for September 26, 2013 subcommittees:
Human Resources: Education/Outreach (research how other nonprofits handle –refer to Strategic Plan)
- Executive Director’s Report: Maggie Peyton
- Oak Creek Ranch project discussion on Apiary Rd. closure
- Rock Creek Project: Oct. 22nd grant deadline
- Rapid Bio. Assessment for Pebble Creek (Coho) being considered
- Salmon Festival October 5, 2013 (Claudia, Stream Table, etc.)
- Full E.D. report at September meeting. Note: Quarterly Report scheduled for October meeting as per adopted 2013-14 Steering Committee Annual Plan)
- OWEB: Maggie P./Jo Z. will submit work plan in October
- Fee for Service Protocolneed discussed.
- RE: Share our expertise as consultants. Maggie P. has request out to other council’s as to their protocols/procedures.
- Motion to Adjourn: Eric L./Seconded Gil M. – passed
- 8:25 Adjourned
Next meeting: September 26, 2013 @ 6:30 to 8:30 UNWC office
Note: This is scheduled subcommittee meeting.