UPPER NEHALEM WATERSHED COUNCIL
STEERING COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES
Thursday January 26th, 2012
Jo Zetler (personnel comm. Lee Klingler SC-Treasurer Max Zeller
Steve Stegmann Michael Justice Steve Sparks
Jack Phillips Nancy Phillips Jason McCoy
Jason Busch SC-Chairman Marci Denison Gil McClain SC-member
Rachel Wilcoxen SC-member Jim Buxton Cici Buxton
Dave Archer Reiko Archer Alan Hein
Aaron Miller SC-member Steve Sorbets Staff-Ex. Asst. Maggie Peyton Staff-Ex. Dir.
Henk Schenk Michael J Bryht Doug Hahn
Cory Colburn SC-Vice Chair Michelle Long OFW Steve Trask Bio-Surveys
Vic Dykstra SC-member
7:00 Meeting Convenes: welcome and introductions
7:02 Announcements/Public Comments: as provided
River Rally is coming up in Portland, Oregon May 4th –May 7th.
Lectures (Watershed Moments at OSU) coming up. You can get URLs from Maggie Peyton.
No public comments.
7:05 Presentation: Steve Trask of Bio-Surveys – Rock Creek – Limiting Factors Analysis
- Action Item: consider and approve minutes from December 2011
- Moved (Cory Colburn) and seconded (Vic Dykstra) to approve the Dec. 1st 2011 minutes as presented. The motion passed unanimously with no abstentions.
- Annual meeting: next steps – who, why, what, when, where = a plan
Moved (Cory Colburn) and seconded (Lee Klingler) to have the annual meeting at the Vernonia Grange Hall. Motion passed unanimously with no abstentions.
Postpone planning until next meeting.
Moved (Aaron Miller) and seconded (Eric Larke) to have the annual meeting on May 19th. Motion passed unanimously with no abstentions.
8:25 Organizational Development: Strategic plan – next steps (Jo Zetter)
Jo Zettler will get a draft of the new Strategic Plan out to Steering Committee members before the next meeting. Maggie Peyton and Michelle Long will help.
- Discussion Item:Treasurer’s Report (Lee Klinger)
- Lee gave his Treasurer’s report.
- Action Item: Moved (Cory Colburn) and seconded (Gil McClain) to approve the check for Bio-Surveys. Motion passed unanimously with no abstentions.
- Discussion Item: Director’s Report (Maggie Peyton)
- Project development report (Maggie and Michele Long – ODFW)
Maggie briefly presented the updated UNWC Projects Implemented report for July 1st, 2009 through January 25th, 2012. Riparian planting, turbidity, water monitoring and project development are under way. Fiscal Affairs are in good order.
9:00 Action Item:
The Steering Committee decided to have the June meeting of the Steering Committee at Fishhawk Lake.
9:10 Meeting Adjourned: Fare Thee Well!