THE UPPER NEHALEM WATERSHED COUNCIL
Responsibilities of the steering committee
Approved May 21, 2011
- Know and effectively articulate the mission, purpose, goals, policies, and programs of the Upper Nehalem Watershed Council (UNWC).
- Attend 75% of regularly scheduled steering committee meetings and participate in UNWC events.
- Be willing to chair or participate in at least one subcommittee or working group.
- Participate in establishing and enforcing organizational policies.
- Accept responsibility for UNWC financial accountability.
- Commit an amount of time, talent or treasure to the UNWC commensurate with your abilities and means.
- Participate in hiring, evaluation and dismissal of the UNWC executive director.
- Support and advise the executive director as appropriate.
- Participate actively in assessing UNWC performance and setting its strategic goals and objectives.
- Represent the UNWC to the community.
- Invite fellow UNWC members and staff to speak at group meetings you attend.
- Adhere to the UNWC Conflict of Interest Policy.
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality of UNWC internal business.
Steering Committee Chair:
Steering Committee Member: