Upper Nehalem Watershed Council – Annual Meeting
When: 10am – Saturday – May 19th Where: Vernonia Grange Hall – 375 North St. –
Steve Sorbets Sylvia Herod Isaeu Palmer Trent Bran Steven Gaspar
Brianen Wallace Kimberly Moser Chris Fussell Andrew Baerthin Elizabeth Beckett
Greg Helstrom Ken Buckingham Jim Buxton Vic Dykstra Ben Fousek
Christine Cochrane William Vreeland Wade Bullier Steve Taylor Marie Williams
Aquilegia Leet Brandon Fries Laura Mastin Brandon Wojcia Asrei Dumblell
Michele Long Harry Hill Christina Francisco Gil McClain Rachel Wilcoxen
Aaron Miller Jason Busch Cory Colburn Lee Klingler Jo Zettler
Eric Larke Maggie Peyton Marie Knight
10:00: Welcome and Introductions (Jason Busch – Chairman)
UNWC – Annual Progress Report
- Organizational accomplishments and 2012 – 14 Strategic Plan (Jo Zettler – Volunteer)
- Project Overview (Maggie Peyton – Executive Director)
- Website (Ben Fousek – Webmaster and Steve Sorbets – Executive Assistant)
10:30 Introduction of Guest Presenters (Maggie Peyton)
- Rapid Bio Assessment for 2009 through 2011: Steve Trask of BioSurveys, LLC
- Geographic Information Systems as a Tool for Watershed Analysis: Case Studies in the Upper Nehalem River Basin, Oregon: Western Oregon University – Department of Earth and Physical Sciences – Dr. Steve Taylors and students (Cristina Francisco, William Vreeland, Riccilee Keller and Brandon Snook)
11:55: Hand-out survey questionnaire: To be filled out and turned in by the end of Lunch
12:00: Lunch – Potluck
1:10: Business Meeting – Public Welcome
Elections: Steering Committee positions are held for 2 years
Moved (Eric Larke) and seconded (Cory Colburn) that all members of the Steering Committee whose terms are up (Aaron Miller, Rachel Wilcoxen, Lee Klingler and Eric Larke) be nominated for reelection. Eric Larke declined nomination. Motion passed unanimously.
Moved (Eric Larke) and seconded (Cory Colburn) that all those nominated be elected . Motion passed unanimously.
Moved (Cory Colburn) and seconded (Vic Dykstra) to amend the Bylaws, Article V, second paragraph, last sentence, “Seats that are vacated premature to reaching full term shall be filled on an interim basis by appointment of the Steering Committee for the remainder of that term.” to “ Seats that are unfilled, or vacant prior to reaching full term may be filled on an interim basis by appointment of the Steering Committee for the remainder of that term.”. Motion passed unanimously.
Moved (Aaron Miller) and seconded (Vic Dykstra) to appoint Cory Colburn as check signer to replace Eric Larke.
Motion passed unanimously.
Treasurer presented the fiscal and the profit/loss reports and went over them.
Eric Larke questioned the mileage entry on the report and Lee explained that all mileage for the projects was reported in the individual project reports.
1:35: For the Good of the Order: No comments
1:39: Meeting Adjourned